A bot on Chatness AI is a virtual agent that interacts with your users through a chat interface. Each bot can have its own set of instructions, branding and a broader of customization options to interact with your users in different ways. Bots on Chatness can be used for:
- Customer Support - Bots can be used to provide customer support to your users. You can use bots to answer frequently asked questions, to provide information about your business, to collect feedback, to escalate support, etc.
- Marketing - Bots can be used to promote your business and to generate leads. You can use bots to provide information about your products, to collect user information, to schedule meetings, etc.
- Entertainment - Bots can be used to entertain your users. You can use bots to tell jokes, to play games, to tell stories, etc.
Chatness AI is not affiliated with OpenAI. We use their technology to provide a better experience to our users. If you plan to use your own OpenAI API key, you can do it by acquiring a self-hosted license of Chatness. Contact Us for more information.
To get bots interacting with your users on Chatness AI you will need to:
- Sign up for a free account, once registered you will be redirected to the bot creation workflow. Otherwise you can always access the bot creation workflow by clicking on the
+button on the left corner of the screen.
- Enter your bot name and click Continue.
- Optionally enter the website url you want the bot to train on and click Train on website, or skip.
After that, your bot will be created and you will be redirected to the branding section. You can customize and start interacting with your bot right away on the
To change some underlying settings of your bot, click on the Cog icon right after the bot name. You will be able to change the following settings:
Used to pause your bot globally. To change your bot status, click on the small dot icon right after the Settings title on the top of the screen. It can be
yellow, when the button is in yellow state, it means your bot won't reply to your users, but human agents still can reply to them. You can also pause your bot per conversation (Thread) by clicking on the same button on the right corner of the screen.
Used to identify your bot on Chatness AI. You can change your bot name at any time, it's only shown within the platform. Your users will not be able to see it, instead they see just
Used to calibrate the randomness of the AI responses. Besides Temperature, you can also control Frequency and Presence penalty. Sign in with your Chatness account to learn more about these settings.
Choose a primary language for your bot. While the bot can understand and reply using multiple languages, this setting is important to determine what language Chatness AI should use when making internal similiarity searches.
Choose the OpenAI model used for training and conversations. You can learn more about OpenAI models here. Usually GPT-4 is smarter and generate richer outputs than GPT-3, but it's also slower and more expensive. GPT-3 is a good choice for most use cases.
Every bot on Chatness has its own set of team members. Team members can have different roles, currently the available options are:
Can perform any action on the bot, including setup, except deleting it. Please contact us if you want to delete your bot.
Can view and write on Threads, Dashboard and Knowledge Base. Setup not allowed. For example, this could be your customer support team.
Can only view Threads, Dashboard and Knowledge Base. Setup and replies not allowed. For example, this could be your marketing team.
Bot owners and admins can invite an unlimited number of team members.